I haven't had a personal blog for many years. I mainly focus my writing on our Romega Digital blog and internal inspirational memos to my team.
I finally figured out how to bring all my writing together. I don't need a new platform - I need to connect my platforms. Now, anytime I'm mentioned in the news, or I write a publication somewhere else on the web, it can sync back here.
I will write up some in-depth looks at the exciting tools I've used to build this site. I didn't focus much on the design, or I would have never launched, but there are some neat easter eggs.
- I'm using Tailwind UI for some quick component creation.
- I've added some styling for Markdown support (one of the posts coming later)
- Dark Mode abounds - Set your preference to dark mode and enjoy!
- I am using several Livewire components and am utilizing Turbolinks - so speedy
- I've deployed the site on Laravel Vapor using Github Actions
- I manage all the data in Laravel Nova
- This system automatically pings my Romega Digital blog to see if I write any articles and will import them here. We're about to launch a new Romega Software blog, and it'll do the same for those posts - very cool and easy to do (also a future blog post).